Skip to main content

Tech-Self Assessment



     



With everything going on in the world right now there it is a little bit chaotic, but the one thing that has somewhat stayed the same is still having classes which has helped me feel like I have a little bit of normalcy and has helped me from going crazy being stuck in my house and being bored. The big difference obviously is that our classes are online now.
       I currently use a decant amount of technology, with school I have used a few different tools on my laptop before so I do have a little bit of knowledge in that category. In my personal life I use my
I phone for a lot of different things and have gotten used to the features I have on that. Then with work when I am working I use technology for our point of sales for example and for doing other things like our ordering and group messaging with our employees and boss.
      I think that there will be a decent amount of things that I will have to learn about with classes being fully online now. I am both nervous and excited. It is exciting to learn new things but I think it can also be scary trying to figure out new things and not get frustrated especially with technology. It will be nice to have new resouces and skills I can use technology wise.
     When I have technology issues I do tend to get frustrated because I usually cant figure them out and have to ask someone for help. That is defiantly something I could work on. I am overall really excited for this quarter. I hope I will learn many new tools that can help me in my life as a teacher and give me some new skills I didn't have before this course. Plus cheers to being able to do our schoolwork in pjs!




Comments

  1. Hi Celynne,

    I agree that having class online has helped me retain some sort of normalcy throughout all of this. I am pretty nervous that I will forget to do an assignment or miss a deadline with things being all online now and me potentially missing something.

    I am glad someone else is also nervous and excited for this new experience. I love learning new things about technology as well as learning new ways to integrate them into the classroom. I also love that we get to stay in our PJs! Have you found any new hobbies during this quarantine? I started playing tennis with my roommates and working on puzzles haha!
    Beautiful blog!
    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenzie,
      Thank you for your response! Some activities that I have started doing during quarantine to keep busy have been some cool diy projects for example home décor diy projects that I have seen online so that has been something new and fun to do!
      Hope all is well!

      Delete
  2. Celynne,
    I'm very glad that classes have helped you have some normalcy! For me, I have stayed plenty busy without them ;p I hope that we can help each other in getting things done so that we can all do well in all of our classes! Stay safe and healthy, but don't get too stir crazy in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kennedy,
      Thanks for your response on my blog. Hope that you are doing well and keeping busy but not too busy with classes ramping up now.
      Stay safe!

      Delete
  3. Celynne,
    I also am a bit nervous about this whole "full time online classes" thing that all of us are going through right now. Being someone who has never done more than one class on line, at times I am feeling stressed but it is somewhat comforting still having the same classes that we were originally supposed to have. All of us are using a lot more technology now than ever before and it's a big change, but hopefully for the better!
    Great post!

    Katie Byers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie,
      Thanks for the response! I am hoping by having all these classes online it can help prepare us in case something like this ever happens again and we need these technology skills in the future.

      Delete
  4. Celynne,
    I also can get frustrated with technology if I cannot figure it out. Since technology is constantly advancing, I found it easier to find resources or videos that can help me know how to navigate new technologies and specifically websites and programs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor,
      I agree videos can be very helpful when it comes to figuring something out. I just had a website in another class I couldn't figure out how to use some of the features and a YouTube video answered all of my questions.

      Delete
  5. Celynne,

    I agree that online class has been helpful for keeping us busy during this time. It's also forced us to participate in school in a whole new way. I also tend to ask for help when technology isn't working for me. Who do you usually ask? I want to be able to learn how to solve these problems on my own as well. I love the picture at the end of your post! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carmen,
      Thanks for your response! When I need help with technology issues I usually ask my mom for help because her work deals with a lot of different types of technology and most of the time she has used the program I cant figure out or she is able to figure it out with me.

      Delete

Post a Comment